This year was my 13th year of growing my mustache (aka “MO) with Movember. I first grew my MO back in 2008 in honor of my father-in-law, Bruce Gibson, who passed away from prostate cancer, Movember’s flagship cause. Raising awareness and funds for Movember was a great fit for me, because it was a fun approach to a serious problem, and for 9 consecutive years (2009-2017) I was Movember’s top fundraiser in the US (aka the “MoMo” or the individual who raised the MOst MOney). Importantly, my work and my success with Movember reminded me to have fun and be passionate about what you do! #movember #menshealthissues
Men’s Health is in Crisis
Men are dying on average 6 years earlier than women, and for largely preventable reasons
- Testicular Cancer – The world’s most common cancer among men aged 15-39
- Prostate Cancer – 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetimes.
- Mental Health & Suicide Prevention – Globally, on average, one man dies by suicide every minute of every day.
- Testicular Cancer – TrueNorth, funded by Movember
- Prostate Cancer – TrueNorth, funded by Movember
- We’re here to provide the information that matters most to you in your prostate cancer journey
- Mental Health & Suicide Prevention – Support contacts
Movember’s Reach Since 2003
- 1,077,060 Mo Bros and Mo Sisters
- USD $157,593,318 raised
- 352 men’s health projects funded
Impact Capital Partners
I will always grow my MO and raise awareness for men’s health issues with Movember, but over the past few years I have also been able to have fun and be passionate about my work too. I believe that if you align your investments with your beliefs and values, the world will be a little bit better AND if institutional investors were to do this too, we could solve many of the world’s biggest problems. As a result, I have launched Impact Capital Partners to connect impact opportunities with institutional capital.