Impact Capital Partners’ Overview
FOR INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS ONLY – This Trade Finance strategy is focussed on the African commodity supply chain, with emphasis on the agri space. The manager is one of the world’s leading investment managers specializing in Commodity Trade Finance and the sectors financed are primarily for the international export market with established off-takers.
- Scipion Capital Website
- NEWS Nov. 16, 2022 – Investors expand footprint in commodity trade finance as banks retreat
- Traders’ credit lines became strained last year when natural gas prices sky-rocketed in the fourth quarter
- Funds such as Artis Finance, Kimura Capital, Horizon Capital and Scipion Capital all say they have seen demand for commodity trade finance rise since last year and particularly after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine pushed up the price of goods globally.
- NEWS May 8, 2023 – Stronghold Global FInance Launches Actively Managed Certificate
- This new product allows deployment of capital in asset backed commercial papers with securitized trade receivables as its underlying asset class.
- The Money Market AMC 1 is an open-ended product that could reach up to $1 billion of assets under management within the first 12 months.
- Zurich based Calliopa Capital AG is the regulated investment manager while Scipion Capital, the Geneva and London based trade finance lender is the regulated investment advisor.
- The company aims to facilitate the financing of impactful economic development projects while stimulating global trade.