Impact Capital Partner’s Overview
FOR INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS ONLY – An investment alongside our EM Private Debt manager provides financing to a Sustainable Packaging Manufacturer in Ecuador whose roots trace back to 1955, when it began as a corrugated cardboard distributor primarily focused on the exportation of bananas. Since then, the company has developed into a sustainable, vertically-integrated packaging manufacturer sourcing raw material primarily from recycled paper and recycled cardboard procured through multiple local and international partnerships. Once recycled material is sorted and processed, the Sustainable Packaging Manufacturer’s state-of-the-art paper mill produces corrugated paperboard boxes, which are utilized by companies involved in Ecuador’s agricultural export industry. At all stages of the process, the company strives to minimize their impact on the environmental. In an effort to support the company’s growth projections, This financing will provide the Sustainable Packaging Manufacturer with the capital necessary to strengthen its supply chain and ensure timely supplier invoice payments.
Impact Themes / Objectives
- Pollution Prevention
- Waste Management
- Capacity Building
- Environmental Conservation
- Equality and Empowerment
Additional Sustainability & Impact Highlights
- As a responsible steward of the environment, the Sustainable Packaging Manufacturer’s paperboard manufacturing division holds the Forest Stewardship Council’s Chain of Custody Certification, which assures that its products are made from environmentally and socially responsible sources.
- The company’s paper waste collection and recycling program supports economic inclusion, reaching over 7,000 individuals in its supply chain.
- The company has developed social engagement plans to provide industrial health and safety workshops and organize community wellness and cultural activities, including soccer tournaments, crafts for children, and holiday celebrations.
UN Sustainable Development Goals
- SDG 4: Quality Education
- SDG 8: Decent Work & Economic Growth
- SDG 9: Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure
- SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities
- SDG 11: Sustainable Cities & Communities
- SDG 12: Responsible Consumption & Production
- SDG 15: Life on Land
Login for full access to this investment opportunity.
- Issuer’s Name & Website – Upon Request
- Term Sheet – Upon Request
- Access to Data Room – Upon Request