This is my 15th year of growing my MOustache (aka “MO) with MOvember. I grow my MO to honor my father-in-law, who passed away from prostate cancer + to raise awareness and funds + to literally and figuratively change the face of men’s health. Movember is a fun approach to serious issues (testicular cancer for younger men + prostate cancer for older men + mental health for all of us), so I hope when you see our MOs that you will check yourself + remember to schedule your annual physicals + reach out if you need a friend. #movember #menshealth #SouthBayMoBros
My Movember MO Space – https://us.movember.com/mospace/297
The Membership Group
This year, I am honored to also share that I was invited to join Movember’s Membership Group, to represent the US and help oversee the performance of the Board. Our focus is to ensure that Movember continues to grow, innovate and evolve, while remaining faithful to its Founding Principles.
Men’s Health is in Crisis
Men are dying on average 5 years earlier than women, and for largely preventable reasons. A growing number of men – around 10.8M globally – are facing life with a prostate cancer diagnosis. Globally, testicular cancer is the most common cancer among young men. And across the world, on average, one man dies by suicide every minute of every day, and in the US, approximately 4 in 5 suicides are men.
- Testicular Cancer – The world’s most common cancer among men aged 15-39
- Prostate Cancer – 1 in 8 American men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetimes.
- Mental Health & Suicide Prevention – Globally, on average, one man dies by suicide every minute of every day.
- The Cause – A nice overview of how Movember is taking on men’s health globally.
- Report Cards – Explanation of the 1,250+ programs funded by Movember.
- Get Support – Local resources for men’s health.
- Nuts and Bolts – Nuts & Bolts has the tools you need to confidently handle the testicular cancer journey. From diagnosis, to treatment, to life afterwards — we’ve got your back.
- True North – True North provides the information that matters most to you in your prostate cancer journey.
- Spot the Signs – It can often be tricky spotting a friend who’s struggling. This page will provide you with some useful approaches and suggestions.
Movember Reach Since 2003
Movember is uniquely placed to address these causes on a global scale. They fund groundbreaking projects all over the world, engaging men where they are to understand what works best and accelerate change.
- 6,538,699 Mo Bros and Mo Sisters
- Over 1,250 men’s health projects funded, with 20 partners, across 20 countries
- Funded the development of 54 inventions, 70 therapies and 107 diagnostic tests for prostate cancer